Author Topic: Cabin Eagle builders' logs?  (Read 483 times)

Offline cluttonfred

• Clutton FRED
  • Eagle Type: Cabin Eagle
Cabin Eagle builders' logs?
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:49:08 PM »
It's been over a year since Leonard's release of the Cabin Eagle plans.  I got mine, but I am not in a position to build right now.  Does anyone know of any Cabin Eagle builds being documented (in the group, Facebook, blogs, etc.) that I could follow?  If I can't build, I'd at least like to follow along with someone else build to learn and enjoy.  Thanks!  Cheers, Matthew
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info
A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Online Kiwi55

• Cabin Eagle
Re: Cabin Eagle builders' logs?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:06:50 AM »
Mathew,
I'm making progress on my Cabin Eagle build. The wings, fuselage, and tail feathers are pretty much complete. Working on wiring, then hanging the engine and covering.
There are still a thousand and one little things to be done. I was hoping to fly this year but I'm a bit behind schedule. Hopefully the 1st half of next year.
You can see my progress at http://www.mykitlog.com/pshadwick . I'm not great at keeping it up to date and I still need to add pictures.

...Paul

Offline cluttonfred

• Clutton FRED
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »
Mathew,
I'm making progress on my Cabin Eagle build. The wings, fuselage, and tail feathers are pretty much complete. Working on wiring, then hanging the engine and covering.
There are still a thousand and one little things to be done. I was hoping to fly this year but I'm a bit behind schedule. Hopefully the 1st half of next year.
You can see my progress at http://www.mykitlog.com/pshadwick . I'm not great at keeping it up to date and I still need to add pictures.

...Paul

Thanks, Paul, I hope to see more pics and look forward to following your progress.
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info
A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Offline Richfroh

• Rich Frohmiller
  • Eagle Type: Double Eagle
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 06:02:17 AM »
My CE is progressing VERY slowly. I do not have a build log and I am not very good at taking or posting pictures. I have one wing nearly done, but the aileron is not built yet. I am starting to install the plywood leading edge. I have waited on building the aileron because I am considering making a change to the wing fold system which may necessitate a change to the control system. So far, what I have built will work on either the DE or the CE, so not much info you may be looking for.
Rich Frohmiller