How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Brand new old guy.  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Hdonly

• Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 78.0.3904.70 Chrome 78.0.3904.70
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
Brand new old guy.
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:54:33 AM »
Just ordered my plans. I have been following the legal Eagle XL for a while and decided to take the next step and at least look at the plans. My ex paw-in-law used to take me up in his J-3 Cub a lot many years ago. Health took him out of flying (He was a B29 pilot in WW2). Life got in my way as far as flying goes. Now I am retired and have decided to revisit the air. I now have so many projects going on, I hope I have enough life left to get to this project. I have decided that I will need to live to 157 to get my present project list done. haha

Offline Kamcoman77

• Donor 2024
  • Building LE-XL H-51
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 78.0.3904.97 Chrome 78.0.3904.97
Re: Brand new old guy.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »
Welcome to the Forum! Hopefully after reviewing the plans you will move the XL high on your bucket list. Building it is fun, I'm having a ball building mine. A suggestion; if you like the plans enough to go forward either order the full-size wing rib drawing from Leonard or get the supplemental plans from Iron Designs Iowa. The supplemental plans have a full-size wing rib drawing, gusset templates, and a different method of creating the aileron gap closure. Be sure to join the Legal Eagle Ultralight Facebook page. There is a lot of good info there, too.

Offline Hdonly

• Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 78.0.3904.70 Chrome 78.0.3904.70
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
Re: Brand new old guy.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:12:10 AM »
I have a 1974 MGB that has to get on the road so I will have enough room for a  table in my garage.Hopefully by the beginning of the new year, I may be able to commence to begin to get started.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal