How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Prop Tracking  (Read 2000 times)

Offline 914pete

• Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 76.0 Firefox 76.0
  • Eagle Type: LEXL
Prop Tracking
« on: May 22, 2020, 08:35:39 AM »
Is this considered acceptable?

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 75.0 Firefox 75.0
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Re: Prop Tracking
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 12:52:21 PM »
Is this considered acceptable?

This guy makes sense...  https://aeropp.co.nz/index.php/how-to-articles   Scroll down to "prop tracking".

He recommends 1/8" max but 1/16" is much mo better.  He mentions to either sand away some of the wood under the hub on one side or add extra varnish to the other.  So you can keep even torque on the bolts.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline 914pete

• Browser:
  • Firefox 76.0 Firefox 76.0
  • Eagle Type: LEXL
Re: Prop Tracking
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 01:05:41 PM »
This guy makes sense...  https://aeropp.co.nz/index.php/how-to-articles   Scroll down to "prop tracking".

He recommends 1/8" max but 1/16" is much mo better.  He mentions to either sand away some of the wood under the hub on one side or add extra varnish to the other.  So you can keep even torque on the bolts.
Great Resource Dan. Thanks! I re-torqued the prop nuts and now it is tracking perfectly. Frank Johnson makes a great prop.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal