How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: 3rd times a charm  (Read 3345 times)

Offline DA Miller

• Donor 2024
  • New Member building LE-XL
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 94.0.4606.81 Chrome 94.0.4606.81
  • Eagle Type: LE-XL C-03
Re: 3rd times a charm
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »
By the way Chuck I must congratulate you on your builder's log.  I check it out each time I'm on the forum to see what's new in your world.  And not to forget Kam ( I guess you beat the Covid?) you both contribute mightyly to this forum.  Keep up the good work.

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Built/flew LEU, built/flying DE
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 92.0 Firefox 92.0
  • Eagle Type: DE, LEU
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 06:16:08 AM »
Chuck, on reply #11, you show an up-elevator limit screw.  I did something similar on DE Stubby.  One concern I had on mine, and on yours, as you show in your picture:  IF the stick was pulled back real hard, could, maybe, somehow the elevator horn get past the phillips head screw and get hung up on the screw?  That would be a bad day.  I ended up putting a larger surface, larger diameter on the up-stop screw so the elevator horn could not get past the up-stop.

Just a thought, I can't tell the exact details of your situation.
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Donor 2024
  • Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 85.0 Firefox 85.0
  • Eagle Type: LEXL #H-58
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 05:44:47 AM »
Thanks for that, Tom. At the moment, no, it can't. It hits the center of the elevator horn flange, and the stick hits the front seat tube at full up. That doesn't mean it won't be changed at final rigging,though, and I'll keep your observation in mind.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Donor 2024
  • Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 85.0 Firefox 85.0
  • Eagle Type: LEXL #H-58
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 06:07:01 AM »
By the way Chuck I must congratulate you on your builder's log.  I check it out each time I'm on the forum to see what's new in your world.  And not to forget Kam ( I guess you beat the Covid?) you both contribute mightyly to this forum.  Keep up the good work.
Thanks much, sir.  :) As you've seen, I've been slackin'. I've been saving the final push to have *something to do* this Winter. I *have* reorganized the hanger so I have room to install the wings while it is still warm in there.

But first.. Leonard's drawings call for HTFIFPTM> (hammer to fit in field, paint to match) on the 4130 strut attachments.  :) It's probably fine, considering the loads involved, but "I do not like that, Sam I am.."  :)
Strut material propped up against the wall, the Mighty Verner is the blue lump in the foreground.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal