How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Fly-in: 43rd Ky EAA Sport Aviation Weekend, Sept 8,9  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Built/flew LEU, built/flying DE
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 54.0 Firefox 54.0
  • Eagle Type: DE, LEU
Fly-in: 43rd Ky EAA Sport Aviation Weekend, Sept 8,9
« on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »
On Sept 8, 9 we are holding our annual fly-in at Ky Rough River State Park Airport (2 India 3).  Here is the official notice:

43rdAnnual; Fri. evening social/cookout at airport; Sat. - flying all day, spot landing, lunch grill, snacks, group dinner, evening social at cottages, w/ prizes. Rooms, wing camping w/ showers - contact Park 270-257-2311 (mention EAA Sport Aviation Weekend for discount). Note: fuel available nearby – Ohio County Airport(KJQD) 18 nm SW, 270-298-3500 or Addington Field Airport(KEKX) 28 nm E, 270-737-8388 or Grayson County Airport(M20) 17 nm SE, 270-259-3081.
http://kyeaaflyin.org/
If you are in the area and need a place to get a burger, come on in on Sat.  I plan to have Stubby there.

Tom H
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 55.0 Firefox 55.0
Re: Fly-in: 43rd Ky EAA Sport Aviation Weekend, Sept 8,9
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 06:01:03 AM »
JIT reminder, the fly-in is this weekend, weather is looking to be great.  If you are in the area, no excuses!!!!
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 55.0 Firefox 55.0
Re: Fly-in: 43rd Ky EAA Sport Aviation Weekend, Sept 8,9
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:21:49 AM »
Well, the weather was great during the fly-in.  I was able to fly DE Stubby down there, 93 miles each way, a real cross-country for Stubby.  I've flown there in previous years, record time was 1hr 6min.  This time was not so good - I had headwinds both ways.  Going there on Fri, took 1hr 23 min.  Coming back on Sun was worse.  When I first turned on my heading, I was showing a ground speed of 45 mph.  It was going to be a looong flight!  I tried changing altitude and found 2000 msl gave me about 60 mph ground speed.  Still took a while, though, total flight was 1hr 39 min.  Overall average for the whole flight was about 62 mph ground.  Surprisingly, the air was smooth, so it was not difficult, but I was glad to get back.

I've included a link to some air-to-air taken by a friend in a Zenith 750.  He says he likes flying alongside me because Stubby is the only airplane that he can pull away from.  Hey, it's all about the adventure, right?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE-b2TMqwGgWmU3X2JFVDYxUVk/view?usp=sharing

I hope this shows right-side-up for you; it plays correctly in one application, but side-ways in another.
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal