Author Topic: Wings  (Read 70972 times)

Offline Kamcoman77

  • Donor 2026
  • *
  • Posts: 676
  • Total likes: 550
  • Building LE-XL H-51
  • OS:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 154.0.0.0 Chrome 154.0.0.0
Re: Wings
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2026, 11:10:25 AM »
Matching the nose ribs was easy. When I installed the ply ribs I epoxied the tip and root ribs in place then used a stringline and a 6-ft straightedge to make sure the remaining ribs were in alignment. Then used the same system to align the foam ribs. It took very little sanding on my wing or my friend's wing to get everything ready for ply. The nose stringer wasn't a perfect straight line but very close. I wanted the nose ribs to be perfect.


Offline Rick

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 29
  • Total likes: 51
  • New Member
  • OS:
  • Mac OS X 10.15.8 Mac OS X 10.15.8
  • Browser:
  • Safari 15.6.1 Safari 15.6.1
  • Eagle Type: LEU-Web-8
Re: Wings
« Reply #76 on: Today at 10:13:38 AM »
Thank you Kamcoman77! Similar approach, working with wings in the vertical position, clamped a (139") straight edge to the bottom of front spar where the nose ribs have the notch for alignment, then using a combination square to measure the height of nose stringer at each rib, then adjusted to (+ or - .015"). I'll find out after using your 2' sanding board if that's close enough. Crummy pic attached.