How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Newbie site test  (Read 5598 times)

Offline maishathelion

• Noob
  • Mac OS X 10.8 Mac OS X 10.8
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
Newbie site test
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »
I am an elderly  computer illiterate troglodyte interested in the XL due to my mature [fat] size and partial disability.
Please advise me by email [maishathelion@gmail.com] if one can send in an email post to the group without coming on the site [as i am doing here.] ?
Can postings by others be received by me as an individual email or daily digest and visa versa?
 Can we communicate amongst ourselves by responding to an individuals post which would [hopefully]show their email address?
Does anybody have a throttle location on their left that does not require an outstretched arm and does not interfere with entry/exit ;Speaking of which can the diagonal down tube that passes by the hip somehow be safely made less infringing to the enter /exit process?
Thank you very much.
M.'Lee" Wachs

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Re: Newbie site test
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:49:14 PM »
Lee,
You can visit each board and hit "notify".  You will then receive an email with a link every time someone makes a post to read messages.  

You can send private messages to any member as well.

We left the free-for-all email lists at Yahoo.   

Email lists are viewed by some as having some kind of advantage somewhere.  I don't see it.  Unless having your inbox fill up and start bouncing emails you want to get is something you would consider an advantage. 

Put a short cut to the forum on your desktop and click it when you want to visit...  Read here.  Post here. 

It is the simplest and the best approach to a thriving community of like minded individuals... 

Give the forum layout a few days, it will grow on you.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:33:22 PM »
I am an elderly  computer illiterate troglodyte interested in the XL due to my mature [fat] size and partial disability.
Please advise me by email [maishathelion@gmail.com] if one can send in an email post to the group without coming on the site [as i am doing here.] ?
Can postings by others be received by me as an individual email or daily digest and visa versa?
 Can we communicate amongst ourselves by responding to an individuals post which would [hopefully]show their email address?
Does anybody have a throttle location on their left that does not require an outstretched arm and does not interfere with entry/exit ;Speaking of which can the diagonal down tube that passes by the hip somehow be safely made less infringing to the enter /exit process?
Thank you very much.
M.'Lee" Wachs

If you are on a MAC (why) would you use anything but Safari to Browse - see attached???.. ???  You are working at this way too hard!!!...

Offline liteflyt

• Noob
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:38:13 PM »
Curiosity drove me to do it:
trog·lo·dyte
 noun \ˈträ-glə-ˌdīt\

: a person who lived in a cave in prehistoric times

Full Definition of TROGLODYTE
 :  a member of any of various peoples (as in antiquity) who lived or were reputed to live chiefly in caves
 :  a person characterized by reclusive habits or outmoded or reactionary attitudes
trog·lo·dyt·ic adjective
See troglodyte defined for English-language learners »
Examples of TROGLODYTE
  • <the troglodytes who believed that women had no place in the military, except perhaps as nurses>
Origin of TROGLODYTE

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal